The Union Hall in Johnstown NY


The de Fon Claire Inn was started in 1798 by Captain Vaumane Jean Baptist de Fon Claire. In 1824 E.R. Williams purchased the building and changed the name to the Union Hall Inn.  After serving as an in until the mid 1880’s when it was purchased as a private home. During the depression, Mid 1930’s, it was purchased by the DeWitt’s who restored the building back to an eating establishment.

The tradition continued when it was bought in 1962 by Anthony Desidoro and Crystal Smith who ran the establishment for decades before selling it to Luann and Jim Rose.