Because Business Opportunities Are Here
Why is Fulton County the place for your business? How about:
- Low cost real estate
- Low cost of businesses
- Abundant supply of pristine municipal water
- Abundant supply of municipal wastewater capacity
- State-of-the-art municipal landfill
- Abundant supply of milk and agricultural resources
- Access to I-87, I-88 and I-90
- Access to Port of Albany and Albany International Airport
- A trained 21st century workforce
- Enhanced quality of life
- A close-knit community
- Year round recreational activities
These are just a few of the reasons Fulton County is the perfect home for your business. With shovel-ready sites and existing buildings available, Fulton County has opportunities to
start or grow your business. Our centralized location allows businesses to serve Northeast, North American and International markets. We are also strategically situated within New York’s Tech Valley. Centered between GlobalFoundriesFab 8 semiconductor chip fabrication facility to the east, Nano Utica to the west and the Colleges of Nanoscale Science and Engineering to south, Fulton County sits in the heart of this high-tech triangle of opportunity.
Fulton County is truly rich in resources for businesses. Unique opportunities abound for high-tech manufacturing, corporate offices, medical, pharmaceutical, warehousing, distribution and companies who are reshoring their operations after years of investment abroad.
Fulton County is already home to manufacturing and distribution operations for companies as diverse as Walmart, FAGE Yogurt, Crystal Geyser Water, Spanish charcutier Pata Negra, Euphrates Cheese and medical device manufacturer Epimed International. Join the growing list of companies calling Fulton County home.
Fulton County’s premier shovel-ready sites are located in four business parks.
Tryon Technology Park and Incubator Center:
Completed in 2014, this new Park features 515 acres of pristine land in a wooded campus setting. All utilities are in place. This Park features a new internal access road completed in the fall of 2014. Lots range from 10 to 100+ acres and are fully serviced. Lot sizes can be customized to meet the specific needs of a business. A 70,000 sf Regional Business Training and Incubator Center also exists onsite.
Crossroads Business Park:
The Crossroads Business Park contains 70 acres of available land in a campus setting with all infrastructure in place. Lots average approximately 3 acres but can be customized to meet the specific needs of a business. Nestled in a wooded, campus setting with natural beauty and scenic vistas, this Park offers great opportunities for professional, medical, corporate offices and similar businesses.
Johnstown Industrial Park:
35 acres of land are available in this Park. The Johnstown Industrial Park features a corporate park setting with lots ranging in size from 5 to 20 acres. These sites are ideal for food processing, agribusinesses, manufacturing or distribution.
Crossroads Industrial Park:
Crossroads Industrial Park also features a corporate park setting that provides a perfect location for food processing, agribusinesses, manufacturing or distribution.
All of the shovel-ready sites in these four Parks are owned by the Fulton County Industrial Development Agency (IDA). All sites have natural gas, electric, water, sewer, heavy-duty road network, and fiber optic telecommunications in place. Abundant water supply, available wastewater treatment capacity and access to the state-of-the-art Fulton County Landfill. They are all available in Fulton County.
If your business needs an existing building instead of a shovel-ready site, there are numerous existing buildings available.
Michael Mullis, President of JM Mullis, Inc., a corporate site selector, who worked with Fulton and Montgomery Counties in the past, toured the Region in September 2013. Mr. Mullis believes the Fulton Montgomery Region is a prime location for new businesses looking for a great New York location. Mr. Mullis noted, “There’s not a state in the union with a more diverse and knowledgeable workforce than New York. But businesses don’t realize the riches available in the Fulton Montgomery Region.”
- Shovel-ready sites
- Transportation infrastructure: Access to three Interstate Highways provides direct and quick access to New York City, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and the entire Northeast market.
- The deep-water Port of Albany and Albany International Airport provide access to international markets and travel.
- Abundant water and wastewater treatment capacities.
- Fulton County Sanitary Landfill.
- Local officials work collaboratively to simplify and expedite permitting.
- State and local economic development entities provide incentives to encourage business investment.
- Affordable housing, year round recreational opportunities, rural beauty, safety and security and nearby access to cultural centers like Saratoga, the Berkshires, and the Capital Region, as well as to the vast outdoor recreational resources of the Adirondack Mountains and Mohawk Valley.
- Proximity to research technology centers like the Colleges of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, SUNY Albany and others.
- A diverse and trained 21st Century workforce.
- Workforce training programs to help businesses train employees.
Mr. Mullis found the Tryon Technology Park and Incubator Center site to be one of the Region’s best marketing assets. “It’s the best property I’ve seen in New York State. It has the topography, access and acreage that will appeal to major companies. It’s all there, shovel-ready sites, campus setting, good access and a new internal road network.”
The FCCRG can help your Business
This is a great time to invest in your company’s future in Fulton County, New York. The FCCRG can help businesses with:
- Finding a shovel-ready site
- Finding an existing building
- Identifying and navigating financing options
- Guiding your business quickly through the State and local permitting processes
- Getting your business operational quickly.
The FCCRG has, for over 30 years now, been helping businesses. We have the experience and expertise to help your business grow. Our strength lies in our ability to help businesses bring their projects to reality.
Living in Fulton County – and the cost of living – is attractive, whether you choose to rent, purchase or build
“Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.”
Orison Swett Marden