Live and play where you work.
Close to the Capital Region and Tech Valley, historic Fulton County affords access to excellent schools, sophisticated cultural events and year-round outdoor recreation. On the southern edge of the majestic Adirondack Park, north of the Mohawk Valley, Fulton County is home to 44 lakes, numerous streams and the foothills of the Adirondacks.
Fulton County is known throughout the Capital Region for its excellent school systems. In Fulton County you’ll find seven public school districts, Empire State College and Fulton-Montgomery Community College. And with higher education programs specializing in science- and technology-focused fields, there is opportunity for your workforce to advance and grow.
Enjoy our vibrant culture
- The recently renovated historic Glove Theatre in Gloversville
- A state-of-the-art theater at Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- The Perella Gallery at FMCC, celebrating internationally known, as well as local respected visual artists
- Proctors Theatre, bringing the best of Broadway and beyond to the Capital Region
- Thoroughbred racing at Saratoga Race Course
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC), summer home of the Philadelphia Orchestra and the New York City Ballet
- The Charles R. Wood Theatre, a 300-seat, four-wall rental and producing theater for traditional to cutting-edge music, theater, dance, comedy lectures, meetings, and seminars.
A wealth of outdoor recreation
- Boating and swimming
- Golfing at seven local courses
- Alpine and cross-country skiing
- Hiking, snowshoeing or snowmobiling over varied terrain
- Camping in state forest areas and parks as well as private campgrounds
- Biking on the Rails to Trails Bike Path
- Hunting and fishing
For more information on Fulton County, visit the Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce.