Export seminar sponsored by the Fulton County Center for Regional Growth and TD Bank
Expanding Your Business Internationally
Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville
November 15, 2016
This export seminar includes networking and learning opportunities about potential markets, logistics, available export financing and cutting through red tape while establishing new lines of business between Fulton County, New York, and the world. Printable PDF of the agenda here.
Register HERE through Eventbrite for this FREE event!
Networking and Registration (Continental Breakfast)
- Ronald Peters, President & CEO, Fulton County Center for Regional Growth
- Robert Davey, Regional Vice President for Upstate NY, TD Bank
Managing Payments and Finalizing the Sale
- Strategies and options for sending and receiving money from overseas – Maria Aldrete, Director of Foreign Exchange Services, TD Securities LLC
- Strategies for boosting international sales, managing risk and structuring transactions that benefit both buyers and sellers - Andrea Ratay, Vice President, Global Trade Finance, TD Bank
Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Discussion with Moderator
- Supply Chain management: How to move your products internationally with efficiency and strategies to address some of the challenges facing companies – Tom Valentine, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Mainfreight USA and Carl Erickson, Director of Supply Chain, Plug Power Inc.
Getting Ready to Export: Federal & State Assistance
- Export Assistance from the federal government- Toni Corsini, NY/NJ Regional Manager, Office of International Trade, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Export Assistance from the state government – Edward Kowalewski, Director of International Investment Programs & Private Sector Liaison to the World Bank, Empire State Development
Legal Environment of Exporting/Importing:
- How to protect your intellectual property and what to be mindful of from a legal perspective – David Miranda, Attorney, Heslin, Rothenberg, Farley & Mesiti P.C.
Break and Networking
Special Guest Speaker
- Current state of U.S. and Global Economic Landscape – Implications for importers and exporters– Brittany Baumann, Economist & Macro Strategist, TD Securities LLC
1:00 p.m. Final Words
- Cedric Carter, Vice President & Senior Relationship Manager, TD Bank