Chief Executive Officer
Fulton County Center for Regional Growth is seeking to fill the position of President and CEO. Interested candidates should review the following information and submit their resume to the Board Chair as directed.
The Fulton County Center for Regional Growth (FCCRG) is a private, not-for-profit member organization whose mission is to promote the economic growth of the Fulton County Region. The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports to the FCCRG’s Board of Directors. The President/CEO is responsible for all operations of the FCCRG including its vision for the future, marketing the Region, recruiting and retaining businesses, managing its fiscal affairs, government relations, interacting with area businesses, understanding all available economic development incentives provided by the region and New York State, creating financial incentive packages to attract new businesses to the Region, providing assistance to current business owners to grow and other necessary operational responsibilities.
Job Duties: (illustrative only)
- Actively markets and promotes the Fulton County Region as a viable location for business and industry to grow and prosper
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to attract new businesses and encourage the expansion and retention of existing business in the Region
- Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with the business community, real estate developers, commercial real estate brokers, corporate site selectors and others to market and promote the Region
- Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with State and regional economic development officials to market and promote the Fulton County Region
- Creates incentive packages, using the tools available from the Region and State, to attractive to prospective companies to the Region
- Develops and maintains a data base of key information about Fulton County and the Region to distribute as needed to market and promote the Region to new businesses.
- Obtains and administers State and federal grants to help businesses grow or relocate in the Fulton County Region and to support the activities and programs of the FCCRG
- Administers and manages the existing and future loan pools
- Works with the Board of Directors in developing and implementing economic development goals, programs, policies, strategies and initiatives as well as an annual work program
- Keeps the Board of Directors fully informed of all activities
- Administers and manages the fiscal affairs of the organization
- Makes recommendations on policies needed for Board action
- Supervise staff and assigns workload to keep the organization operating effectively and efficiently
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with elected bodies, elected officials, public, media and others for the good of the Region and organization
- Participates in activities that address economic and community development and move the Region forward
- Remains familiar with the statistics of the region as it relates to economic and community development and can present the data in a manner that represents the area in a positive light
- Participates in County regional discussions for planning, marketing, and economic development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance, Marketing or related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with marketing, economic and community development, finance, development of business plans and related work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing strategies for economic development projects.
- Strong leadership skills with positive attitude.
- Understanding of finance and loan/grant management.
- Demonstrated sales and closing skills.
- Computer skills with regard to word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying for, obtaining and administering State and federal grants and loans.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Applicants are requested to submit their resume to FCCRG’s Board Chair: email@example.com