The potential is here. Seize it.
Let us be your Architects of Development
These are just a few of the reasons that Fulton County makes the perfect home for your business. Conveniently located – with the Adirondack Mountains, Albany and New York City all within short driving distances – Fulton County provides endless opportunity. With both shovel-ready sites and immediately available properties, we also have all the space you need to set up shop now.
New York’s Fulton County and Montgomery County are truly rich in resources for business and industry. This central New York area offers unique opportunities for manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations and is very attractive to companies who are reshoring operations after years of investment abroad:
- A 21st century workforce
- Accessibility via road to vital northeast markets
- Port access in Albany for international transport
- Easy access to Albany International Airport and Fulton County Airport
- Ample water, milk and agricultural resources
- Affordable ex-urban quality of life
- Affordable real estate
- Shovel-ready sites for businesses large and small
Ample Choices for Businesses Large and Small
Fulton County, NY is home to manufacturing and distribution operations for companies as diverse as U.S. retailers Walmart and Target, Greek manufacturer FAGE Yogurt, French bottler C.G. Roxane, Spanish charcutier Pata Negra, Euphrates Cheese and the global headquarters of medical device manufacturer Epimed International.
The county currently has three shovel-ready business parks with readily available natural gas, electric, water, sewer, heavy-duty road network, direct wire to police and fire protection with easy accessto state-of-the-art landfill and fiber optic telecommunications:
- Crossroads Business Park offers a campus-like setting featuring modern infrastructure and natural beauty. Average acres per lot are 3.2; with custom facility construction available in sizes ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 square feet.
- Crossroads Industrial Park features 3-acre lot average sizes and is a perfect location for manufacturing, distribution, warehousing and food processing.
- Johnstown Industrial Park lots average 6 acres and are also ideal for manufacturing, distribution, warehousing and food processing.
Also coming on line in 2014 is the new 515-acre Tryon Technology Park and Incubator Center on County Highway 107. Formerly home to a juvenile detention facility, New York State agreed in February 2012 to turn the site over to local officials for economic development.
According to J.M. Mullis CEO Michael Mullis, a site consultant who has worked with Fulton and Montgomery Counties in the past and toured the region in early September 2013, this region has a lot to offer businesses looking for a great New York location. Mullis noted, “There’s not a state in the union with a more diverse workforce and more knowledge than New York. But few people realize the riches available in the Fulton and Montgomery County area.”
“When companies think about the northeast they think Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York State,” Mullin said. “Within New York, they usually are aware of New York City, Buffalo, Albany and Binghamton, and nothing in between.”
According to Mullis, the region offers outstanding:
- Transportation infrastructure. Nearby major roadways offer ready access to Montreal, New York, Boston, and points west. Also nearby are deep-water port access and a highly functional international airport. Rail-spur options are under review.
- Energy. Fresh water and wastewater treatment options are plentiful.
- Permitting. The state process is very good, and local officials work collaboratively to make permitting as easy as possible.
- Incentives. State and local economic development entities understand the importance of incentives to offset local tax burdens to businesses.
- Quality of life. The location offers affordable housing, rural beauty, and nearby access to cultural centers like Saratoga, the Berkshires, and the Capital Region, as well as to the vast outdoor recreational resources of the Adirondack Mountains and Mohawk Valley.
- Proximity to research technology centers like Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, CUNY, SUNY, and the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
- Workforce. There is ample workforce to call on in the region, and 21st century workforce readiness efforts by The CEO Roundtable and Fulton Montgomery Community College have brought advanced manufacturing and other critical training resources to the region.
- Shovel-ready sites including three in Fulton County and one in Montgomery County.
Mullis also noted that the new Tryon site will be unique in the state. “This is one of the region’s greatest marketing assets,” he explained. “It’s the best property I’ve seen in New York State. It has the topography access, buildings, and acreage that will appeal to major companies. It’s all there, including a backup power generator, $5 million worth of barbed wire security fencing, and a road network that is amply sufficient for most companies.”
The Best Time is Now
This is a great time to invest in your company’s future in upstate New York. Contact FCCRG for information on how we can help you with:
- Building stock and land
- Identifying and navigating financing options
- Providing consulting services
- Real estate management and development
- Marketing services
Available Real Estate
Let FCCRG assist you to establish and grow your business. Our strength lies in our ability to help you assess your needs and work to make your project a reality. We have relationships with regional real estate agents and can find the right location for your company.
Looking to move in to readily available space? No problem. Fulton County has developed three parks and offers several prime locations for new or growing businesses.
Small Business Loans
FCCRG administers five loan pools, providing financial assistance to local small businesses. Whether you are a start-up business or a long time fixture in the business community, CRG can assist you to establish or expand your company. We can help you to meet your customers’ needs.