Fulton County has a motivated, versatile workforce
FCCRG coordinates employee identification and readiness programs, and the Fulton County educational community ensures an abundance of skilled workers — trained to your specifications.
Useful statistical tools:
- Fulton County Quickfacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
- NYS labor market overview for Fulton County and neighboring communities, end of 2014
- Available workers in Fulton County, from NYS Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Employment Statistics for Capital/Northern New York
Your business may qualify for the following programs:
- Work Tryout – ACCES-VR can reimburse a business for 100% of an employee’s wages for up to 480 hours, offsetting some of the costs associated with hiring new employees, allowing the employer to be assured that the employee is right for the job.
- FMS Workforce Solutions System On-the-Job Training Program: During an 8- to 26-week training period, companies can receive up to 50 percent of a worker’s wages in subsidy.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit: Federal tax credits may be available to promote the hiring of individuals who qualify as members of a target group with barriers to employment.
- NYS Department of Labor (NYSDOL) Screening & Referral Program: You supply NYSDOL with a description of the position you wish to fill, and the agency provides referrals, sets up interviews, and even arranges interview and training facilities.
The programs listed above are managed by:FMS Workforce Solutions Systems
2620 Riverfront Center, Amsterdam, NY 12010
Tel: (518) 842-3676; Fax: (518) 627-0189
Education Tailored to the Needs of Employers and Workers
Classrooms, instructors, and appropriate equipment are available for training sessions, resulting in a custom-tailored workforce for your business.Fulton-Montgomery Community College
2805 State Highway 67, Johnstown, NY 12095
Tel: (518) 762-4651; Fax: (518) 762-4334
FMCC currently has a wide range of certificate and degree programs in a variety of fields for workers who need to advance their skills for an evolving workplace. Custom-programs can also be developed to address specific training needs.
- Business Applications Specialist
- Computer Systems Specialist
- Early Childhood Education
- General Automotive Services
- General Education
- Human Services
- Individual Studies: Collaborative Career Learning
- Teaching Assistant
- Automotive Technology AAS
- Business Technology and Applications AAS
- Business: Accounting AAS
- Business: Business Administration AAS
- Business: Business Administration AS
- Communication and Broadcast Media A.S.
- Computer Information Systems AAS
- Computer Networking AAS
- Computer Science AS
- Computer Technology AAS
- Construction Technology: Sustainable Building AAS
- Criminal Justice AAS
- Criminal Justice AS
- Digital Communications and Transmedia A.A.S.
- Early Childhood Education AAS
- Electrical Technology AAS
- Fine Arts AS
- General Studies (Liberal Arts) AA
- Health Science AS
- Health Studies AAS
- Health, Physical Education, And Recreation Studies AS
- Human Services AA
- Human Services AAS
- Individual Studies: Collaborative Career Learning AOS
- Medical Administrative Assistant AAS
- Nursing AAS
- Radiologic Technology AAS
- Science AS
2755 State Highway 67, Johnstown, NY 12095
Tel: (518) 736-4681
Hamilton-Fulton-Montgomery Board of Cooperative Educational Services provides more than $31.2 million in shared educational services to the 15 school districts in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton Counties. More than 500 local high school students receive career and technical training at HFM BOCES and nearly 400 adult learners receive BOCES literacy and GED instruction.
Currently available programs include
- Auto Body Repair
- Auto Technology
- Careers in Education
- Computer Information Technology and Networking
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Multimedia & Communications
- Engineering Technology
- Environmental Construction
- Equine Science
- Foundations of Food Services
- Medical Assisting
- New Visions Health Careers
- Vehicle Repair & Maintenance
HFM BOCES PTECH is a new model for secondary education that trades classrooms for “innovation spaces” and ditches lectures for group collaboration and hands-on learning. Here, students take the lead role in their learning, choosing pathways to their careers and taking college-level, credit-bearing courses from their first year.
Associate’s degrees offered by FMCC that high-school students can earn through PTECH. • Business Accounting • Business Administration • Business Technology and Applications • Electrical Technology • Computer Information Systems • Computer Networking • Computer Technology • Medical Administrative Studies (New Visions) • Health Studies • Radiologic Technology
Other Workforce Resources:Adult Career and Continuing Education Services New York State Education Department
Gloversville Team/Placement Specialist
199 South Main Street, Gloversville, NY 12078
Tel: (518) 773-2884 or 866-698-3743; Fax: (518) 773-1097 Lexington Industries, Fulton County Chapter of NYSARC, Inc.
465 N Perry Street, Johnstown, NY 12095
Tel: (518) 762-0024; Fax: (518) 762-0098 Lexington Employment Resources
Tel: (518) 773-4646; Fax: (518) 773-4645