MINUTES of the MEETING
of the BOARD of DIRECTORS
Friday- Friday April 26, 2019- 8:32 a.m.
34 West Fulton Street Gloversville, New York
Directors Present: Tim Beckett, Terri Easterly, Leslie Ford, Kent Kirch, Ron Olinsky, Geoffrey Peck, Grant Preston
Directors Absent: Greg Fagan, Travis Mitchell
Staff Present: Ronald Peters, Jennifer Jennings
Other Attendees: Ashley On.yon Leader-Herald, Mike Albanese Esq., Legal Counsel, Warren Green
County Liaison & Vernon Jackson, Mayor of Johnstown
Call to Order / Introductions/Meeting Minutes:
Roll call by Ronald Peters
Kent Kirch called the meeting to order at 8 :32 a. m. He welcomed the Directors and guests to the meeling,.
- Reported that the finalization of work plan and goal setting with Mr. Peters was getting
close to completion.
Kent asked for a motion to approve B.O.D. meeting minutes from February 22, 2019. It was motioned by Tim Beckett and seconded by Leslie Ford and passed unanimously.
Conclusion of Chair Report
Executive Committee: This Committee has not met since the last Board meeting.
Governance Committee: This Committee has not met since the last Board meeting.
Finance Committee: This Committee has not met since the last Board meeting.
Audit Committee: This Committee has not met since the last Board meeting.
Building Committee: This Committee has not met since the last Board meeting.
Membership & Marketing Committee: This Committee has not met since the last Board meeting.
Gloversville Downtown Development Specialist Report:
- Please see attached report.
County and City Reports:
Vern Jackson –
- Reported on the opening of a new restaurant.
- Reported on the possible date for the City of ,Johnstown Block Party.
President and CEO Report
- Discussed that CRG brought in NYS Empire State Development to meet with Pioneer
Windows to keep on track with their $2,000,000.
- Discussed Pioneer Windows In the last month and ½ they hired 35 employees.
- Discussed Pioneer Windows purchased another cutter and have moved an additional
window line into 5 Clermont.
- Discussed the Johnstown Industrial Park at this point is basically full. We have one site
available. A 20 acre parcel which we have showed several times. We have two parcels
in the Crossroads industrial Park totaling approximately 6 acres.
- Discussed Waiting for updated signed Commitment Letter and updated financials from
Evolution to close their loan.
- Discussed Taylor Made moving all their finished goods from their Harrison Street their
new facility in the Crossroads Industrial Park. Also, Taylor Made hosted our March
- Discussed Microenterprise Grant progress.
- Discussed The Main Street Anchor Project, Northville 5 & 10 is still moving and we will
probably close their loan within the next several weeks.
- Discussed meeting with the mayor of Northville him about other initiatives that maybe
can be done.
- Discussed the Gloversville DRI process.
- True Value is moving ahead. They are looking for their soft opening probably within the
- Discussed working with an applicant for a small restaurant in downtown and how we
brought in some other lenders to take a look at the project.
- Discussed working with on a restaurant project in Caroga Lake. They have submitted a
loan application and CRG also submitted the application to some other lenders.
- Discussed CRG activity with assisting the Caroga Lake Firehouse with their new
- Discussed meeting with one of the potential Micro Brewing operations.
- Discussed in the Town of Johnstown, the potential distillery is reworking their number.
- Discussed the presentation to CBRE to talk about opportunities in Fulton County.
- Discussed meeting with Jon, Scott, Jim to discuss marketing
- Discussed loan applications.
Adjournment to Executive Session to Discuss Legal Issues
At 9:15 a.m. Geoff Peck moved for a motion to adjourn to executive session Leslie Ford seconded it.
Returned from executive session at 9:45AM no action was taken.
At 9:48 Geoff Peck moved a motion to adjourn the meeting and was seconded by Kent Kirch
Greg Fagan, Board Secretary Date
Board Meetings are held the Fourth Friday of the Month
at the CRG Main Office
at 8:30 AM