The Leader Herald recently reported that the Fulton County Industrial Development Agency is awaiting approval from National Grid for a grant application submitted in October. The grant would be used to develop a marketing plan to transform the 515-acre Tryon site on County Highway 107 into the Tryon Technology Park. New York state agreed in February 2012 to turn the site over to local officials. But the IDA is still waiting on the state to deed the title for the property to the agency.
The grant, if awarded, will be matched with money the Fulton County Board of Supervisors has authorized for 2014 and will cover:
- Identifying the region’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Regional labor analysis
- Evaluation of the cost of living
- Evaluating the existing transportation system
- Evaluating utilities
- Evaluating water and sewer
- Identifying target industry clusters
- Identifying contacts for top 10 industry clusters
- Creating a Regional Business Training Center at an existing Tryon building
- Completing an engineering report on existing backup generator
- Development of a Tryon marketing plan
For information about this site, please contact Mike Reese at (518) 762-8700.